The Department of Human Resources [in the state of Alabama] said more homes are needed in each county to accommodate these children and to help them stay connected with their communities.
“We want to build those resources in those communities so our foster children can stay in their same churches, in their same schools, with their same friends,” Smith said. Read more from WBRC.com
You could be a foster parent if…
- You are at least 19 years of age.
- You can provide a safe, comfortable atmosphere for the child.
- Your home conforms to Alabama Minimum Standards for Foster Family Homes.
- Your home has enough space for the child and his or her belongings.
- All members of your family are willing to share their home with a child who needs care.
- All members of your family are in good health.
- All adults in the home are willing to undergo a thorough background check, including criminal history.